Mon, May 15|
Law Enforcement - Progressive Carbine/Handgun
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE - TEAM CONTRACTED PROGRAM. Intense program to increase your speed, accuracy and confidence while deploying handguns and carbines in multiple environments. This is a dynamic program that involves movement, injured shooter considerations, and more.
Time & Location
May 15, 7:00 AM – May 16, 5:00 PM
Addison, 9293 Round Lake Hwy, Addison, MI 49220, USA
About the event
SEATS AVAILABLE: 8 out of 20
Conducted by STORM Training & Consulting LLC and JagerWerks Engineering, LLC
COST: $550 per person, LE only course.
CREDIT CARD COST: $565 per person
REGISTRATION: Contact Ben Sonstrom at 860-748-0851 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency checks accepted. Please contact me for questions or to be invoiced.
Those paying by credit card, please contact me first to hold your place on the roster.
This intense, 2 day (16-hour program) is designed to enhance the officer’s handgun and carbine skills for both tactical and undercover operations. This MCOLES approved program will focus on increasing the safe and efficient handling and employment of firearms to increase speed and accuracy in high stress environments.
Handgun training will commence with tactical handgun training for the tactical/RAID environment. Students will progress from working targets in a static environment to deployment from multiple positions to include movement and basic injured shooter techniques.
The final portion of the handgun training will consist of deploying firearms from concealed positions to enhance skills and competence during undercover operations and to prepare you for off duty encounters. We will cover proper selection of equipment, concealment methods, deployment from concealed and immediate action drills to recover from garment/weapons malfunctions.
Carbine training will focus on deployment from multiple positions to increase speed and accuracy in close quarters to mid-range environments. The training is designed to increase the shooters confidence and competence with the weapons system. Students will progress from working static drills to deployment from multiple positions and movement.
Training will conclude with movement drills utilizing both weapon platforms as well as team tactics for movement to/from danger areas with officer down immediate reaction drills to include casualty movement and basic TECC/TCCC.
2010 Bondsteel Drive
Jackson, MI 49202
· 800 rounds handgun ammunition / 500 rounds carbine ammunition
· Handgun & Carbine
· Sling for carbines
· Minimum of four magazines per weapon platform
· Weapon mounted lights with spare extra batteries
· Handheld light with spare batteries (spare light recommended)
· Duty / Tactical belt with holster and a minimum of two magazine pouches
· Bullet resistant vest / plate carrier / tactical entry vest
· Concealable inside/outside waistband handgun and magazine holster with hold open feature (Kydex preferred) for plain clothes courses
· Sturdy pants belt
· Cover garment you would typically wear in plan clothes (multiple options recommended) for plain clothes courses
· Clear & tinted ballistic wrap around eye protection
· Quality hearing protection – electronic preferred
· Tourniquet / I-FAK
· Ball cap
· Tactical / athletic clothing and footwear
· Weapon lubrication / cleaning supplies
· Sunscreen / bug repellent / clothing suited for the environment
· Note-taking materials
· Water / Snacks / Lunch