Mon, Apr 10|
Washtenaw Police Academy
Law Enforcement - Progressive Handgun (Duty - Concealed - Low Light)
Intense course focusing on building speed, accuracy and confidence while deploying your handgun from duty and concealed holsters. Injured shooter considerations and extensive low/no light deployment.
Time & Location
Apr 10, 2023, 8:00 AM – Apr 11, 2023, 6:00 PM
Washtenaw Police Academy, 4800 E Huron River Drive, Ann Arnbor MI 48105
About the event
SEATS AVAILABLE: 10 out of 20
Conducted by STORM Training & Consulting LLC and JagerWerks Engineering, LLC
COST: $500 per person, LE only course.
CREDIT CARD COST: $515 per person
REGISTRATION: Contact Ben Sonstrom at 860-748-0851 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency checks accepted. Please contact me for questions or to be invoiced.
Those paying by credit card, please contact me first to hold your place on the roster.
This MCOLES approved training program is available to sworn law enforcement officers and military personnel. The program consists of two days of intense firearms training and is designed for the uniformed and plain clothes officer. This training combines our Handgun Deployment & Concealed Handgun Deployment courses to provide an enhanced training experience. Instruction set will strengthen the ability to carry, accurately deploy and safely re-holster a semi-automatic handgun from/to concealment as well as duty holsters. Emphasis is based on safety, equipment selection, concealment techniques and weapon presentation from different types of clothing and holsters. Teaching points include situational awareness, developing a combat mindset, effective decision making, weapon manipulation, improving shooting accuracy and speed, recoil management, one hand shooting techniques, injured shooter considerations, efficient movement and developing safe/effective combat handgun deployment techniques while in uniform or plain clothes. Also covered is the plain clothes response to active killer situations and identifying yourself as a police officer. Day one will focus on the use of duty/tactical belts and day two will be primarily committed to concealed carry work.
All students must be confident in the safe handling of firearms and basic handgun techniques as this is a high pace program. Participants will conduct live fire drills in varying lighting conditions, as well as reality-based scenario training that is physically and mentally challenging. Inside the waistband holsters must have a non-collapsible opening. Blackhawk SERPA holsters and similar trigger finger actuated holsters are strongly discouraged.
· 600 Rounds (minimum) of quality ammunition per day/student/weapon system (1200 minimum for this ocurse)
· Weapon platform for the course you are attending (handgun / carbine)
· Sling for carbines
· Minimum of four magazines per weapon platform
· Weapon mounted lights with spare extra batteries
· Handheld light with spare batteries (spare light recommended)
· Duty / Tactical belt with holster and a minimum of two magazine pouches
· Bullet resistant vest / plate carrier / tactical entry vest
· Concealable inside/outside waistband handgun and magazine holster with hold open feature (Kydex preferred) for plain clothes courses
· Sturdy pants belt
· Cover garment you would typically wear in plan clothes (multiple options recommended) for plain clothes courses
· Clear & tinted ballistic wrap around eye protection
· Quality hearing protection – electronic preferred
· Tourniquet / I-FAK
· Ball cap
· Tactical / athletic clothing and footwear
· Weapon lubrication / cleaning supplies
· Sunscreen / bug repellent / clothing suited for the environment
· Note-taking materials
· Water / Snacks / Lunch